Tuesday 22 March 2011

Rochester People

STOP PRESS
Thanks to your votes we have won the Rochester People Local Legend competition.
This is amazing. I will be able to get as much publicity as I can to help raise awareness about breast cancer in the local area. In Kent 1,000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer each year and over 350 lose their battle against the disease. Early diagnosis is the best weapon we have at reducing the national figure of 12,000 deaths which includes 300 men.
Winning this fantastic award is a testament to the hundreds of fundraisers throughout Kent and the fighting spirit of the men and women close to the disease either a fighter or supporter, and to the tireless medical teams serving the community.
I will be saving a tipple until after the London Marathon or my coach will be on me like a shot.
Thank you ladies and gentlemen I toast you all.
Click here for the Rochester People announcement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Keep it clean, I know I don't have the best legs in the world but the tummy is reducing!